Achieve More Physical Therapy, PLLC
Appointments available by phone and may be off-site based on location and availability. Kindly contact us within 24 hours if you need to cancel/re-schedule your visit. Call today for more information 585 406-0526
Physical Therapy Insurance Information
A physician's referral is not needed for physical therapy in New York State (since November 2006). Treatment may be rendered by a licensed physical therapist for ten visits or thirty days, whichever comes first, without a referral from a physician, dentist, podiatrist, nurse practitioner or licensed midwife, according to the New York State Education Dept. A written notice will be provided to all patients in compliance with New York State regulations.
We are in strict compliance with New York State regulations for the provision of physical therapy. We accept insurance as an out-of-network provider. Physical therapy is an approved expense for your FSA/HSA. See our Price List for current rates. Payment is due when you arrive for your visit. Invoices will be provided to you for reimbursement by your insurance company if they cover our services.
Use our insurance coverage worksheet to help you determine your benefit. You will know the price up front so you know what to expect and can plan ahead.
View our Price List for current rates for all services.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When should I arrive for my first visit? What should I wear?
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete needed paperwork and change your clothes, if necessary. Please wear comfortable clothing to allow for unrestricted movement. Please wear shorts for evaluation involving the legs. Please wear tank top for upper body assessment.
- What should I expect at my first Physical Therapy appointment?
- This will last approximately 1 hour and include a thorough evaluation and if appropriate, initial treatment for your condition. Your needs, desires and tolerance will dictate length of treatment.
- Will insurance cover my physical therapy treatment?
- Achieve More Physical Therapy accepts insurance as an out-of-network provider. Payment is due at time of service. If your insurance covers our services, I will provide you with an invoice properly coded so that you can submit this to your insurance company for reimbursement. Please note our fees are reasonable and on par with most insurance co-pays. Know that physical therapy is a covered expense for your FSA or HSA.
Resources and Forms
The following websites provide valuable information to professionals and consumers alike:
- American Physical Therapy Association - www.apta.org
- National Strength and Conditioning Association - www.nsca.org
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) - www.acefitness.org
- New York State Education Dept. - practice information - http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/pt/article36.htm
The following forms must be completed prior to starting your program:
- Physical Therapy Intake Form
- NYS Direct Access form
- Physical therapy waiver
- Policy and Signature page
- How to Determine Your Insurance Benefits for Physical Therapy
To save time, please feel free to print out the above documents, complete and bring with you at your first visit.